5* SERVICING & REPAIRS | COLLECTION & DELIVERY | SURREY & WEST LONDON | 72H TURNAROUND
1. The data handling company:
2. Understanding personal information:
The processing of Personal Information shall include the collection, receipt, recording, organisation, collation, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, alteration, consultation, use; dissemination by means of transmission, distribution or making available in any other form; or merging, linking, as well as blocking, degradation, erasure or destruction of information.
The company strives to ensure that the conditions set out in the Act and all the measures that give effect to such conditions, are complied with when processing Personal Information or data. The company strives to ensure that Personal Information and Personal data is processed in a manner that is lawful, adequate, relevant and not excessive given the purpose of collection.
3. Personal information collected:
The Website collects and processes information that can be used to identify you personally (“Personal Information”) that is necessary to providing, facilitating and maintaining The company's services.
We collect Personal Information from the following entities: persons over 18; Website Users; Data caches and logs from our internet service provider.
Personal Information we collect may include:
- Name and surname;
- Email address;
- Age and date of birth;
- Telephone number;
- Location information;
- Computer IP address
We may also collect Personal Information through your access and use of the Website and through your participation in various activities on the Website.
There may be instances where we may also collect some information that is not Personal Information because it does not identify you or anyone else.
If you use our Website, you understand that The companies collect and track non-personal information such as booking and service history. This information is required for The company to provide you with the services.
If You do not want us to collect Personal Information about you, do not submit your Personal Information to us.
4. Payment details
Payment method details you provide (including card number, expiry date, CVV, name, email address and sometimes address) are sent directly to PCI-compliant third party payment providers. They are not stored on the Company’ servers and the Company’ employees do not have access to these details.
5. Purpose of collecting personal information
The primary purpose for collecting and processing your Personal Information is to enable us to provide you access to the Website. The company also collects and processes your Personal Information in order:
- to create and administer your account;
- to track bicycle components usage in order to provide Users with service indicators;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you;
- to engage in legitimate electronic communications with you;
- to provide feedback on any related enquiries;
- to provide you with direct marketing material;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in cooperation with any governmental authority of any country.
6. Consent to processing personal information
By using the Website, You hereby consent to Your Personal Information being used for the above mentioned purposes, associated purposes and to:
- update our records;
- keep Your contact details up to date;
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or co-operate with any governmental authority of any country.
Personal Information may be processed by us in the country where it was collected. During the registration and ordering process, there is an option to consent to receive direct marketing communications regarding all business activities and news. This is subject always, to your right to unsubscribe or to withdraw Your consent from receipt of the same at any given time.
7. Handling of personal information
The company seeks to ensure the quality, accuracy and confidentiality of Personal Information in its possession. You warrant that all Personal Information supplied by you is both true and correct at the time of provision. In the event of any aspect of your Personal Information changing post submission, it is your responsibility to update your profile information via the Website.
You warrant that you have the authority, permissions and consent to provide the company with any third party information submitted to the company.
The company will take all reasonable measures in order to ensure your Personal Information is appropriately safeguarded, these precautions include, but are not limited to: access control mechanisms via username and password, and software protection for information for security.
Should an unauthorised person/s gain access to your Personal Information The company will contact You within a reasonable time to inform you of such access.
We may share aggregated personal information with Service Providers as well as internet service providers. The company does not permit these parties to use such information for any other purpose than to perform the services that The company has engaged with them to provide. All processing is compatible with such a purpose.
8. Retention and restriction of records
On receipt of instructions from you, we will destroy or delete a record of Personal Information about you which the company is no longer authorised to retain. This is subject to certain exceptions such as retaining records that The companies are required by law to retain. The companies are entitled to retain de-identified information for authorised or legitimate purposes.
In the event that you wish to revoke all consent pertaining to your Personal Information and/or you would like us to remove and/or delete your Personal Information entirely, you should delete your account (if created) and you may request us to delete all of your Personal Information by emailing email@example.com.
You expressly consent to the company retaining your Personal Information once your relationship with Bike Hero has been terminated for evidential purposes and using the information for aggregate, statistical and reporting purposes.
Records relating to the provision of information to and/or by you can be retained by Bike Hero in terms of legislative records retention provisions and includes your Personal Information.
The company retains records for a period that is longer than is required by law for statistical or research purposes and You hereby consent to such retention of Personal Information.
9. Updating of personal information
You may request access to any Personal Information we hold about you at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that Personal Information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment or that we cannot amend the information as required, we will retain a note about the request.
Your Account information is accessible by you at any time. You are entitled to amend, delete or add information to your account at any time.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the Personal Information we hold. We may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. Should this be the case, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
10. Sharing your personal information
Business records relating to the provision of information or the application to you can be retained by us in terms of legislative records retention provisions and includes your Personal Information. Records can be retained for operational purposes or for evidential purposes. Where we share your Personal Information with employees and other users, we do not permit such parties to use the information for any other purpose than those pertaining to using, maintaining and/or running the service.
We may disclose your Personal Information to:
- our employees to enable us to operate;
- fulfil requests by you, and to otherwise provide information and services to you;
- Service Providers to allow them to assist in the provision of products or services to you;
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
We may further disclose your Personal Information in the following instances:
- To comply with the law or legal process;
- To protect the company rights, facilities and other property;
- To protect the company against any misuse or unauthorised use of the Website; and
- To protect users or third parties affected negatively by your action in using the Website.
- We will disclose Personal Information to our Service Providers who use software programmes and hardware devices to monitor usage in order to identify unauthorised attempts to access, upload, damage and/or alter information that it has stored.
Personal Information is stored on servers outside of the United Kingdom. Your Personal Information may be stored on servers and be subject to different data protection laws. You hereby consent that your Personal Information may be sent cross border to be stored on such servers.
We have placed security safeguards to protect your Personal Information through agreements concluded with third party Service Providers. We will not be held liable for any illegal activity or other activity that may result in a claim for damages due to lack of protection of your Personal Information whilst under the care of the third party.
11. Uploading personal information
If you are uploading Personal Information in connection with your use of the Website, you undertake that you are responsible for compliance with privacy and confidentiality regulations impacting you and hereby warrant that:
- You have the right and/or consent to upload the Personal Information. Such consent must be given by you as it relates to your use of the Website.
- You are cognisant that processing of types of Personal Information regarded as sensitive without consent is prohibited.
- You are aware of specific purposes of collection of your Personal Information.
- Bike Hero's processing of Personal Information is reasonably associated with the purpose for which it was collected and/or the consent obtained.
- You do not object to the processing of your Personal Information by Bike Hero.
- You have taken reasonably practicable steps to ensure that the Personal Information is complete, accurate, not misleading and updated where necessary, taking into account the purposes for which it was collected.
- You agree that Bike Hero will not be held liable for any illegal activity or other activity that may result in a claim for damages due to lack of protection of the Personal Information whilst under the care of third parties.
12. Security of safeguards
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is protected from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We cannot guarantee, however, the absolute security of your Personal Information. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any disclosure of data due to errors in transmission, unauthorised third party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond our reasonable control.
We use third parties who have access to your Personal Information and who have undertaken to protect your Personal Information.
We will notify you via email should we have cause to believe that your Personal Information may have been accessed or used in an unauthorised manner.
As our Website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any Personal Information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
You agree to indemnify and hold Bike Hero, its directors, employees, suppliers and members harmless from and against any claims, damages, actions and liabilities including without limitation, loss of profits, direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages arising out of reliance your Personal Information should your Personal Information contain any errors, inaccuracies or be irrelevant to the use of the Website.
14. Data subject participation
Should you have enquiries concerning Personal Information processed by us, you can request feedback that describes the Personal Information held by Bike Hero, and information about third parties, or categories of third parties who provide services to us, who have, or have had, access to the information. You may request that we correct or delete your Personal Information in our possession or under our control that is inaccurate, irrelevant, excessive, misleading or obtained unlawfully; or destroy or delete any Personal Information that we are no longer authorised to retain. As a User, you have access to your Personal Information via the Website.
In addition to the above, users entitled to broader protection standards may exercise any of the rights described below:
- Learn whether data relating to you is being processed.
- Request further information if personal data relating to you has been processed.
- Learn the purpose for the processing of personal data and whether data is being processed in compliance with such purpose.
- Request a copy of your personal data which Bike Hero holds.
- Learn to which third party recipients your data is disclosed.
- Request rectification of the processed personal data which is incomplete or inaccurate and request such process to be notified to any third persons to whom personal data is transferred.
- Request deletion or destruction of personal data in the event that the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which the personal data was collected, despite being processed in line with the law and other applicable laws and request such process to be notified to any third persons to whom the personal data is transferred.
- Obtain the personal data you provided upon setting up your account or with your consent in a structured, machine-readable format, and to ask The company to share (port) this data to another controller.
- Object to negative consequences that you experienced as a result of analysis of the processed personal data by solely automatic means.
- Object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular where The company does not have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where The companies is using the data for direct marketing purposes.
If you have unresolved concerns you have the right to complain to the data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
Under the GDPR, these rights may be limited, for example it fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, where they would infringe the rights of a third party (including The company’ rights) or if you ask for the deletion of information which The company is required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. Relevant exemptions are included in the GDPR. The company will inform you of relevant exemptions relied upon when responding to any requests you make.
15. Lawful bases (EEA or UK)
Lawfulness of personal data processing is an important principle under the GDPR. For purposes of the data protection law of the UK, we typically process personal data where:
We need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you, such as when we process a payment.
It is in our legitimate interest or those of a third party and your data protection rights and freedoms do not override those interests such as when we secure the services, engage in fraud prevention and certain direct marketing.
We need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We have your consent to use your personal data.
Notice to users from the UK.
Personal Information that we collect and use may be processed outside your country or region. When we share personal information with third parties in other countries, we apply appropriate safeguards. By using our services you:
When you visit the Website we may store some information (commonly known as a "cookie") on your computer.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means that they cannot be used to track your movements around the web.
- Enabling our web server to track your session between pages of the site and provide a continuity of experience.
16.1 Cookie Categories
The cookies used on this website have been categorised using best practice.
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. They are only used to improve how a website works.
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
16.2 Additional Cookie Categories
When you visit a site you may notice some cookies that aren't related to that site. If you go on to a web page that contains external content, for example from Google Maps, you may be sent cookies from these websites. The original site does not control the setting of these cookies, so it is suggested you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Adobe Flash Player used for videos uses Flash cookies (also known as Local Shared Objects) to help improve your experience as a user. Flash cookies are stored on your device in much the same way as usual cookies, but they're managed differently by your browser.
17. Other Sites
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our Website and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
In addition, if you linked to this Website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
If You have any additional questions or concerns about our privacy practices, we invite You to contact us by email at email@example.com and we will address Your concerns to the best of our ability.
We will treat Your requests or complaints confidentially.